Sunday, March 4, 2007

Goat Cheese Tomato Tart

The fabulous tart from the Sunday brunch I blogged about! Thanks B!

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart
Pastry for one tart (I used butter yesterday but usually I use butter and chili oil instead of water or to replace some at least)
1 T dijon mustard
3/4 C grated Gruyere cheese
4 or 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced
8 oz. goat cheese, sliced

brushing oil: (combine all ingredients)
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh chopped herbs (I used basil and parsley yesterday, but anything you like will do)
1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed (I opt for 2 usually)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 and place a baking sheet in oven.

Roll our pastry dough and place in a 12 inch tart pan. Spread dijon mustard over bottom of tart shell, then spread grated gruyere cheese over bottom. Alternate tomato slices and goat cheese in overlapping layers, then brush with all but two T of herbed oil ove the top.

Put tart on baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes (I used my convection oven so it was a little less time). Remove from oven and brush remaining herbed oil over the top.

I have made this tart numerous times and it is always a hit. It is nice for lunch as well as brunch.

No comments: