Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where or where are the Peppadews?

I love them...I can't find them. They have disappeared from my favorite salad at the Southport Grocery - Prosciutto Salami Fig Salad.

I had lunch there on Friday and waiting with anticipation. Oooohhhh that salty, spicy, sweet goodness! I like a bite that includes a pepper (only half), a small piece of cheese, and dipped in the tart fig dressing. It is the best. So I waited eagerly...the plate was set down and DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!! Just some limp roasted peppers.

WTF people! I don't ask for much. Just my damn Peppadews. Sorry we are out. Bait and switch - pout.

These wonderful peppers are from South Africa. Sweet and spicy and usually marinated in vinegar. I used to find them in the olive bar at Whole Foods. Then I saw a jarred version at Fox and Obel and then poof.

Please someone help me....where can I find the peppadews!?!??!

No comments: