Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Her Competitive Nature Comes Out

I am itching for a fight. No...a showdown...NO a Dinner Impossible episode!!!!!!! I have thought about competitively cooking for a while. Visions of me in a white apron holding that fabulous pie/cake/entree/appetizer and humbly accepting that WHOPPING check while my fellow contestants look on with seething envy.

"How does she do it? It tastes like pure heaven. Bitch.", they mumble under their breath.

Of course, I am there just for the pure joy of cooking - the money and the admiration are nothing next to the satisfaction I feel from just nourishing my fellow human beings. *sigh*

Of course those who know me are now crying BULLSHIT and they would be right. I have a mean competitive streak. Even the other night it lead me to tormenting a 12 year old after wiping up the floor with him at UNO. Hey, he was the one that started talking smack first. But I digress...

Cooking contests...I am ready to join in on the fray. I have won one contest for some Thai spiced nuts - insert Keith Carradine joke here - I will post the recipe later on. But I need more...maybe the country fair in the fall...but that is too far away. I am scouring this web site for possible options. Anyone got any they think I should go for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try an ICS chili cookoff...tons of fun and yes there is cash and glory to be had. All the best - David