Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Dressing Makes All the Difference

So since receiving these lovely (though I have to admit also gritty) salad greens, it has felt a bit...um...sacriligious to put regular goopy store bought dressing on their delicate leaves. Inspired by my step mother who has a famous old Grey Poupon jar that doubles as a salad dressing maker, I make a fabulous EASY dressing for almost any type of salad.

Honey Mustard Dressing by Yours Truly (psssst...thats me)

1 TB Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard (yes yes I have tried others including the REAL french ones and NOPE not even close)
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. fresh chopped garlic
2 tsp. honey
pinch of salt and pepper

Now all of these measurements are subject to your personal taste. I say add all the items and then start adding more and tasting along the way. Some people like a more tart taste - more vinegar. Others - more sweet hence more honey.

If you are really fancy - blend them all in a blender for a really creamy dressing. I prefer a jam jar and the old "shake" method = less dishes to wash. I can also keep the extra in the fridge for the next day.

I encourage you to dress the salad as opposed to just pouring it over the greens and eating. Greens really don't need a lot of help to taste good. So go easy and toss the greens lightly with some dressing. Soggy leaves are nasty - even if its with this fabulous dressing.

Enjoy!

A

No comments: